For me, the Unconference is always a very intense three day event. To make it even more intense, I decided to also propose a talk this time. So I through my hat in in the ring for „Versionskontrolle mit git-flow“ as we are currently implementing git-flow in our teams.
And it seemed to hit a nerve as I got voted in to give my talk in room H2 at the Geomatikum. A big thanks to everyone who voted for it. Being in the first slot was a bit of a challenge, but I hope people were entertained at least 🙂
For those interested in the subject, you can find the slides at Github.
After that I was a bit relieved and could concentrate on taking in the atmosphere, the great food and the very interesting talks other people held.
Of course there was too much good stuff to see so that we all had to pick. Here is my schedule:
- Versionskontrolle mit git-flow (hah hah) by @nohypeactivist
- Provisioning with Vagrant and Puppet by @muhdiekuh
- Mink, PHPUnit und PageObject by @beberlei
- Refactoring To Patterns by @beberlei
- Sharding MySQL (500.000 req/s) by @Ulf_Wendel
- Composer Plugins by @naderman
- Git für Fortgeschrittene by @dsp_
- Software Migration Strategy
You can find slides for the talks at the Unconference Wiki.
Not to forget the social aspect. We met with a bunch of colleagues, ex-colleagues, acquaintances, gurus, experts and Star Wars characters:)
Naturally there’s lots of entertainment in HH.
I hope that next year’s Unconference will feature another one of my talks and I am looking forward to the next incarnation…
Take care 😉